The results of laboratory tests are only as good as the procedures that run them. Therefore, city and governmental agencies often require materials laboratories to hold specific certifications and participate in various industry-accreditation programs. At Reliant, our laboratories meet all these requirements.
Our laboratory-testing services meet ASTM, CCRL, AMRL, ASHTO, City of Los Angeles, City of San Diego, DSA, OSHPD and Caltrans procedures. All our equipment is calibrated and certified to meet or exceed the highest industry standards. Furthermore, our certified laboratory technicians are experienced in performing all testing related to geotechnical design, geotechnical and structural field inspections, concrete trial batches, and forensic evaluations. Our engineering and laboratory staff have designed innovative tests to assist with project-specific requirements, including historical buildings.
Our laboratory certifications and standards include:
- Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL)
- Division of State Architect (DSA)
- Office of Statewide Health and Planning Development (OSHPD)
- American Institute of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- AASHTO’s Materials Reference Laboratory (AMRL)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- National Concrete and Masonry Association (NCMA)
- International Code Conference (ICC)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- American Society of Non-destructive Testing (ASNT)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
- United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- California Counsel of Testing and Inspection Agencies (CCTIA)
- All local municipalities in Southern California, including special certifications from the Cities of Los Angeles, Long Beach and San Diego
To ensure our clients receive the utmost accuracy, Reliant participates in the AMRL and CCRL sample-proficiency programs. These programs rate our test results against other U.S. laboratories. Reliant has consistently received high ratings from these intense audit reviews—assuring clients of the integrity and accuracy of our testing equipment, procedures and staff.